You probably know the feeling, forgetting to set your alarm and waking up to frantically get yourself, and perhaps your children, ready for the day. It’s not a good start. This was my morning and I’m still having a tough time getting out of the fog. Sitting at my computer trying to plan my social media calendar and thinking of everything else I need to do to prepare for a successful week. It’s proving to be quite challenging and to be quite honest, futile. It has me thinking about how to combat the fatigue and fogginess I feel and take on the day rather than think about the next time my head will hit my pillow.
Here are a few tips I came up with to get you out of that funk and feeling fabulous.
- Splash water on your face, pinch your cheeks and slather on that foundation. This will wake you up, get the blood flowing and foundation, or I like to use a tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier, is always a necessary start to your day.
- Hydrate. Grab your S’well water bottle and drink up. Coffee is always in my morning routine, but hydrating is more important. It helps get your metabolism going and de-fog your brain.
- Put a little thought into your wardrobe. Everyone should have a “uniform”, a go to look that they know they look good in. When in doubt, where black. It’s slimming and look great on everyone. Top it off with a nice jacket- you must have a go to jacket that makes you feel more put together? My go to jackets: denim, cropped leather or a blazer.
4. Eat something. I always have protein bars in my bag for when I’m in a rush. These are my favorites. You don’t want to get “hangry” so be prepared.
5. Lipgloss is a must. Add some color to that face with a nice pink lip, or red is a nice way to really add some drama to your look. I love these by Trish McCevoy.
6. Have a go to soundtrack that will get you pumped. Whether in your car or riding the train, music is such a great way to change your mood and really feel like you can take on the day. One of my favorites to jam out to right now is Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish”, it really taps into that girl power vibe I need to get motivated in the a.m.
Layering. I adore layers and being able to drape myself in all sorts of sweaters, jackets, tops, scarves etc. Maybe it’s because I feel as though I can really maximize my wardrobe by wearing so many different pieces, but it’s such a fun way to express yourself and keep cozy at the same time.
Below are some of my favorite layering pieces. What’s yours?
This is a toofer, moto and denim. (image c/o the fashion fraction)
A white button down is essential for layering. Where it under sweaters, jackets, vests and tank… it’s one of the most versatile pieces. This image was found on Pinterest. (I love the red booties!)
I’m going to have to make this a 2 part article as I have thought of so many other layering ideas as I’ve been writing this! Stay tuned.
Do you have any questions about how to layer? What’s your favorite layering piece?